mi!SmallCellVeriPHY™ consists primarily of a MAC Emulator and a set of test files, sometimes called test vectors.
This test environment has to provide some basic Layer 2 (L2) operations to control the PHY layer.
For these purposes, it replaces L2 in the sense that it:
- Obeys to the same resource restrictions as real L2 would
- Communicates with the PHY using the same communication channels as the real L2 would (PhyIpc usage + same messages)
Basically, mi!SmallCellVeriPHY™ replays the same radio-frame over and over again but does NOT possess scheduling intelligence of a real L2 layer.
mi!SmallCellVeriPHY™ also includes over 200 test cases have been developed and cover the following areas:
- DL Functionality Tests
- UL Functionality Tests
- DL RF Conformance Tests
- TS 36.141/TS 36.104 Ch. 6
- UL RF Conformance Tests
- TS 36.141/TS 36.104 Ch. 7
- PHY Layer Conformance Tests
- TS 36.141/TS 36.104 Ch. 8
Available test cases constantly evolve, so please request the latest list of test cases.